About The Big Lottery Fund
The Big Lottery Fund is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the cabinet office and is the biggest community funder in the UK. Every year the organisation actively distributes millions of pounds of the National Lottery good cause money to community groups and charitable projects around the UK.
Funding supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities.
What we did
From the outset, we worked closely with The BLF to gain an in-depth understanding of the problem areas. The main focus of the project was to introduce a blended learning approach to the current learning and development strategy that would support the cultural changes taking place and align with the BLF’s new Strategic Framework. Using our skills and expertise, we provided the most valuable solution customised to the organisation’s needs.
- Migration of Totara LMS from existing provider to our hosted servers and development of bespoke communication plan for all platform users
- Organisation of onsite instructional design and content training days
- Custom development work to extend reporting sources
- Provision of a 24/7 access robust, reliable hosting solution including existing BLF system integrations
- Ongoing support and development of the Totara LMS site provided by our internal support team as and when required
- Enhancement of course layout and searching facilities
- Upgrade of LMS to include 360 degree feedback
- Customised design enabling a responsive design layout
- Creation of animated explainer video
- Content creation (capacity building) services including consultancy and training, resource provision (tool kit) and ongoing design support
what they said
Since we appointed Synergy Learning as our new partner we have implemented a number of positive changes to help improve the end user experience. The skills and experience of the Synergy Learning consultants and their flexibility to support our ways of working through the LMS ensures we achieve something that works for us.
Carolyn Oxley, HR Manager – Big Lottery Fund
- Over 900 staff registered and actively utilising the platform
- 85% of users accessing the site within the last year
- Overall better user learning experience that encourages social interaction and collaboration between users