About Club Matters
Club Matters is a programme delivered by Sport England and PricewaterhouseCoopers, originally as part of the Olympic Legacy programme, Places People Play. Re-launched just over a year ago, Club Leaders is Sport England’s one stop shop for sports clubs that provides free, convenient, practical resources to help all sports develop and run a sustainable club.
What we did
After research was carried out with clubs across the UK, a number of key requirements were identified. It was these requirements that led to the idea of an online and social learning platform whereby clubs could have access to on and offline training, learning materials and peer to peer support. This would enable them to learn what they want, when they want and also to communicate and collaborate between members, clubs and organisations.
- Development of web portal with a Content Management System to promote resources
- A learning platform using Totara LMS and a social space with Totara Social
- A seamless user experience and Single Sign-On between the website front-end and the LMS back end was developed
- Creation of a branded, customised, responsive theme design
- Design of landing pages and content templates to enable an engaging user experience and well structured site
- Development of reusable course layout giving each course a dashboard view of the activities and resources
- Booking system for face to face workshops consisting of short training sessions delivered across the country with 24/7 access
- Club improvement tool providing an online health check for clubs of all shapes and sizes
- Club matters social space enabling communication between members, volunteers, coaches, other sports clubs, support and governing bodies
- Ongoing development and support of the site
What they Said
If this had been available when I was embarking on my first steps in bookkeeping it would have been extremely useful and my initial discomfort when learning its unusual terminology would have been eased. The examples were particularly pertinent to club finances.
Patrick Gallen – PwC
- Over 3,500 Club Leaders registered.
- Over 2,500 sports clubs, spanning 3 UK regions are registered
- Since February 2015 over 100% increase of unique users accessing the site since activation of the refresh theme design.
- a platform which caters for a blended learning approach with face to face workshopssupported by 9 e-learning modules & 39 supporting ‘toolkits’ on specific business skills advice.
- an online social network, forum and FAQ features (currently with over 40 FAQs online) enables collaboration and social learning between users.
- 95% of all club leaders who have carried out the online modules have rated them as highly effective.