About Save the Children
Save the Children works in more than 120 countries; saving children’s lives, fighting for their rights, and helping them fulfil their potential. They run world-class programmes to save children’s lives and challenge world leaders to keep to their promises to give children a brighter future. In 2012 they directly reached 45 million children through their work.
To ensure a continuously developing and proficient workforce with the right knowledge and skills to deliver these programmes, a globally accessible and efficient learning management system was required; that’s where Synergy Learning come in.
what we did
Working with us, Save the Children was able to decipher which platform was right for their requirements. Originally looking into the Moodle platform, we realised that significant development was required to meet their needs, whereas Totara would require minimal customisation due to the reporting, hierarchies and automated features available.
- Configuration and optimisation of the Totara LMS hosting platform to accommodate a global user base
- Design, development and configuration of the LMS to build, deliver and manage learning interventions
- A fast, responsive and knowledgeable support and training solution to all key staff involved in the delivery of the platform, empowering them to take advantage of the LMS features and support their user base
- Increase uptake from more countries, leading to having over 8200 user accounts on the site.
- Save The Children are able to manage their face to face and blended programmes on the LMS unlike their previous system where they could only manage their online courses.
- Improved reporting which now provides user and course administrators with a complete picture of usage, progress and achievements across all regions, all in one convenient, easy to access location.