About Plan International
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. Operating in over 70 countries worldwide, Plan International aims to create lasting change for children and their communities.
The charity works in partnership with children, communities and other organisations to develop and run innovative programmes that transform lives across 8 key areas including education, water and sanitation, sexual and reproductive health, early childhood care and development, disaster risk management, economic security, child protection and child participation.
Plan International’s vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. And this can only be realised by working together with communities.
What we did
Working closely with Plan International, we took our time to understand the project requirements and carefully mapped out a structured plan of key tasks with realistic timescales taking into consideration how this could potentially impact both positively and negatively on other organization functions and end user experiences.
The main goal of this project was to consolidate the hosting and delivery of support services to Plan International with their current Moodle learning platforms and external facing Content Management System (CMS).
- Migration of multiple sites to our hosting platform and upgrade to a secure version of Moodle
- Ongoing support and management, including minor updates to all Moodle instances
- Upgrade of existing design to support responsive layout across multiple devices and to reflect organisation branding
- To connect staff learning records from Moodle into a cloud-based HR platform – centralising all training records in one place
- Bespoke training and consultancy on Moodle to all administrators
What They Said
We are delighted with the work that has been carried out so far by Synergy Learning. We found them very friendly and extremely knowledgeable in all areas of Moodle and we did not hesitate to approach them when we needed help. I would be more than happy to recommend them as a preferred eLearning supplier.
Isobel Taylor – Plan Academy Networking Officer
- Plan International can now host learning content, discussions and a library through a single portal. They call these three areas ‘Learn, Connect and Discover.’
- The bespoke registration process enables staff, as well as authorised partners, to register directly on the LMS and gain access to courses.
- The global platform has enhanced peer-to-peer learning and reinforces the Operating Standards at the heart of all Plan International’s learning programmes.
- Staff who regularly engage with the Plan Academy value interactions with colleagues from other regions and speak of transformations not only in their work performance, but also in their personal lives.