About Forth Valley College
Forth Valley College is one of Scotland’s largest Colleges, delivering more than 750 courses from their main campuses in Alloa, Falkirk and Stirling. They currently have over 20,000 active users on their Moodle and Mahara sites and have been a long term partner with Synergy Learning for over five years.
The college provides all-round, flexible education and training opportunities, specifically designed to help individuals discover their potential at a time and pace suitable to their lifestyle and commitments.
what we did
Forth Valley College found that their previous learning platform was too constrictive and didn’t provide them with the flexibility they needed from a virtual learning environment.
With an overloaded IT department, they decided to source a a supplier who could handle everything and were experts in Moodle and Mahara. This is how they came across Synergy Learning.
- Configuration and optimisation of the Moodle and Mahara hosting platform
- Ongoing upgrades of Moodle and Mahara releases
- Theme design and enhancement of landing pages with dynamic content delivery
- Responsive theme design to support access on mobile and tablet devices
- Development of bespoke features including assignment feedback reports
- Training and support for key staff
- Consultation with future plans and features of the platforms
What they said
Our students say they couldn’t imagine being without the Virtual Learning Environment provided by Synergy Learning. It is a one stop portal for learners for everything they could possibly need whilst studying at Forth Valley College.
Jasmin Hodge – Forth Valley College
The Moodle and Mahara site that we designed, developed and support, have provided students and lecturers with a learning environment and ePortfolio which enables;
- Flexibility- students can learn when they want, where they want
- Instant access to support materials and resources.
- Independence and responsibility for lecturers and students to manage their own learning
- Distance learning
- Online assessments – no need for students to travel to submit assignments before a deadline – it can all be uploaded and assessed by lecturers online.
- Self directed study – students can use the system to learn other topics which may not necessarily be related to their current course – giving them a wider skill set
- 20,000 active users across both platforms
- An ongoing and evolving partnership between Synergy Learning and Forth Valley College.
- Considerable cost and resource savings.