Totara Social offers powerful, informal learning tools for your organisation.
The 70:20:10 learning and development model shows how learning can be extended beyond the classroom, utilising workplace and social learning. Organisations, however, can often find it difficult to know where to start with implementing an informal learning strategy into the workplace.
Totara Social, a professional open-source solution, offers powerful learning tools, with a simple and easy to use interface, to help merge informal learning with the corporate world. Coupled with Totara LMS, it adds the “20” to the 70:20:10 concept.
- Your own personal hub of information and content
- Choose to keep private or share with others
- Make it yours – upload a profile picture, choose your theme, edit the layout
- Manage your content – create blogs, upload videos, PDF’s, add Google Apps
- Monitor your activity stream and see your connections
- Create pages to share group work, tasks or projects
- Leave comments or feedback, like or watch pages for new updates.
- Upload Files and create Blogs
- Prepare personal and shared To-do lists
- Share Ideas and let others vote on them
- Communicate with others using status updates
- Encourage discussion and feedback by asking questions
- Create groups for different departments, project teams or social communities
- Groups can be made private or open for anyone to join
- View, add or remove connections
- Send private messages
- Get recommendations
- Import content or share it externally using Standalone HTML or Leap2A
- Responsive themes to support tablets and other mobile devices
- Multi-tenancy to support multiple departments or external partners or customers
Facilitates ideas &
between staff and departments
Creates a sense
Extensibility via 3rd-party
add-ons or custom development
Integration with existing