We are very excited about the latest line-up to our Moodle Training offering – Moodle Developer Training.
This is your opportunity to learn how to develop Moodle code and write your own plugins using the latest stable version of Moodle.
If you think that is good news then you will be even happier to hear Davo Smith will be the man delivering the training. Davo recently presented his Drag and Drop Upload to attendees of the UK and Ireland Moodle Moot to a rapturous response (click here for more info).
Davo Smith is a frequent contributor to Moodle core code; as well as the Drag and Drop he has built / maintains a number of plugins including Realtime Quiz, Online Marking Assignment, Checklist and the MRBS block.
Topic covered during the 2 day course include:
- How to start writing a Moodle plugin
- The different types of plugins that can be created such as Activities, Blocks and Question types
- Overview of the code and database structure of Moodle
- Overview of the most important APIs in Moodle including database access, user capabilities, form processing and file storage
- Database definition, upgrade and access
- Page output, including the use of renderers and standard page header / footer output
- Multi-language support
- Security: built-in methods for cleaning parameters, defining and checking user capabilities and avoiding SQL injection attacks
- Moodle forms
- Global / per instance / per user configuration for plugins
- Files: saving and accessing
- Backup and restore code for plugins
To take part in the course it is recommended you are familiar with:
- HTML + CSS
The course will take place in central Manchester on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th September. The cost is £800 (plus VAT) per participant – lunch and refreshments will be provided.
If you would like to attend please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office +44 (0) 28 9042 2000.
Share this link